Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ladies, Let's Stand for Them All

Hello friends!

I hope this blog post finds you happy, passionate and full of joy and purpose. Things have been very busy lately, I apologize for the lack of posts...blogger was down for a couple weeks and I haven't been able to do anything. I hope that you have been shining your light and being a solution. I want you to know that although I have not posted, my mind is with my fellow world-changers always!

I wanted to share this music video with you. It is by Andy Grammer, and exceptional artist if I do say so myself! My cousin Alisha introduced his music to me. He is an up and coming artist that will have his cd out soon. The video is of his song called "Ladies." The lyrics are not out so I could not post them, but listen to the song carefully and it will rock your world.

In one song he completely explains my view on the treatment of women and also how we can change the way society sees women. Rather than seeing women like "Candy" we can teach our children and this generation to stand up for women, because each woman in a mother, sister a daughter or a wife to somebody. Friends we MUST implement change. Men are not the problem, but rather the opinions and standards that have been passed down are the problem. If we can create a healthy and positive image of women to young boys and men then they will grow up to respect and honor women and see them as the beautiful, fierce, intelligent beings that we were born to be. The reason sex trafficking and other horrendous situations exist is because of ignorance. Like the song says WE MUST STAND FOR THEM ALL. We must refuse to stay ignorant and we must refuse injustice. We have to fight to establish the respect and honor for women that should have always been there. People must realize that ever person...MAN or woman, came from a WOMAN. It is time for us to start voicing our opinions and being examples of strong individuals. There are so many awesome men that have already begun to do this and we will be highlighting their efforts in the weeks to come. Men like this are world changers who have decided to stand and cherish and value women as all men should. This is vital and necessary so that future generations will rise up and break the cycle of violence and hate that has sadly fallen upon women.

My Passionate, Strong, Wonderful, Beautiful ladies...LET'S STAND FOR THEM ALL!




No comments:

Post a Comment